Contest: Free Replacement Laser Tubes for Life!

Support for the CO2 Laser Products

Contest: Free Replacement Laser Tubes for Life!

Postby fullspeceng » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:25 pm

Latest Update: We are now sponsoring MONTHLY contests. New contest ends March 1, 2011. This time we ask all entries to be put both on this thread AND on our Facebook wall: http://www.facebook.com/fslaser

Winner receives your choice of a free laser 40w laser tube or a 40w beam combiner for their efforts! Winners with Pro lasers can apply the price of a 40w tube to the more expensive tubes. Shipping is included within the US lower 48; otherwise, winner is responsible for shipping.

All CO2 laser tubes eventually wear out. The complete laser tube replacement is much lower ($300) compared to a recharge from other laser companies (~$2000). At 1000-1500 hrs our laser is under 30cents/hr to operate. When you consider it takes about a minute to do a typical vector cut, that's a lot of laser time!

However, we can do even better and offer replacement laser tubes for FREE.

Introducing the Full Spectrum Laser LLC Design Contest

Every month we will select the best made "laser thing" by a Full Spectrum Laser LLC device and give a free replacement 40W laser tube. The goal of this contest is to demonstrate the amazing things that can be made with a Full Spectrum Laser LLC device so use your creative skills!

Post your pictures in this thread to be considered. Videos and write-ups will be even better and add bonus points to your entry.

Multiple entries are encouraged and welcome!

If you keep winning our design contest, you will never need to buy another CO2 laser tube again.

Free Replacement Laser Tubes for Life!

Update: We are announcing Richard as the first FSL replacement tube contest winner! We liked Richard's multiple entries which show good engraving and cutting abilities of our 40w laser. We liked his painted puzzles so much we even bought several to show off to perspective customers!

Update 2: Congratulations to Stefano (vertygo) on our latest contest winning on April 15, 2011!

Stefano will receive his choice of a free laser tube replacement or a beam combiner!

Update 3: We congratulate Bilal Ghalib who has won a free 40w super deluxe laser as part of our facebook contest: http://www.facebook.com/fslaser

Update 4: We congratulate Kiah from Australia for winning our latest contest - Adam will receive his choice of a free beam combiner or laser tube!

Keep cutting!

Stay tuned for even more offers and contests from FSL in the near future!
fullspeceng
Site Admin

Re: Contest: Free Replacement Laser Tubes for Life!

Postby ftjets » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:25 am

I am using my laser to make gaskets for model airplane engines. They are cut clean and fit perfectly.
Attachments
st 90 gasket.jpg
st 90 gasket.jpg (57.62 KiB) Viewed 61957 times
ftjets

Postby lsnyman » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:38 pm

I got my laser 2 days ago. This is my first submission. Engraving onto Ebony.
Using Retina Raster to engrave in the negative.
This is a capo for guitar, I have been making these for some time and hopefully the engraving and other possibilities will take this to a new level.
Free laser tube would be nice LOL
Attachments
DSCF0377.JPG
lsnyman

Postby JerryD » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:43 am

My wife and I run a Cowboy Action Shooting club in Tombstone, AZ. One of the first things I created was a badge for our members to purchase. The badge was created in Corel Draw, with the recent addition of the link between Raster and Vector it was easy to make. They were made from strips of Alderwood, the Alder wood engraves to a dark brown color providing a great contrast for the engraving.

The badges measure 2.25" wide and 3" in height.

This is my first entry into the contest, I suspect there will be a few more coming.
Attachments
PICT0019.JPG
PICT0016.JPG
PICT0012.JPG
JerryD

Postby pmwasson » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:56 pm

The first thing I cut was a display case out of acrylic:

ImageImage

Its about 8.5"x4"x2".
pmwasson

Postby Richard » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:42 pm

I am making kids Warldorf style puzzles out of 1/4" Light ply.
Then finishing them with water colors and a sealer.
The one in the back was an attempt at using the dremel after it came out the cutter to give a more 3d effect.
Attachments
PICT2597.JPG
Richard

Postby ctown80 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:19 am

owl1.jpg

Here is a rastered, cut, then spray painted wood owl piece done for costume jewelry.
It was pretty much my first attempt at rastering and cut, and I was happy with how it turned out.

-Charlton
ctown80

Postby Richard » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:47 am

I have been working on this for a while, it's a version of the 18xx board games set in Georgia.
It's a train themed boardgame.
I had some trouble getting the cad design of the track right, and then had some trouble with the numbers and text on the tiles. As the text was all vectors when the laser cut them each tiny movement added a tiny amount of misalignment. So that after doing all the text the hexes where off. I found that running the vector text at a very low power and very slow speed resolved that issue.
I think for the next version I'm going to raster the text and then vector the lines (as recommended by FSE)
You can see all the images of the product here...
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/images/boardgame/all?username=fantastico

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/836654/18ga

The Train tiles were completely raster engraved. I used 1/32 3 ply plywood and it came out very nicely. the raster cut thru the to ply and burnt the resin layer. This gives a nice dark contrast to the wood.
Then I h sealed it with a wipe on sealer to keep the darkness in place.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/836660/18ga

BTW: If you're a member of BGG give me some thumbs! Thanks

Richard
Richard

Postby lsnyman » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:04 am

Here is another entry. Its a soundhole cover for guitar.
gives it a little dress-up.
This is cut from 1/8" wood, design done by me on Coreldraw and used Direct print method to Retina-Raster and Retina-Vector.
Attachments
DSCF0391.JPG
lsnyman

Postby lazomark » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:49 pm

Here are some initial photos of products engraved using my new 40W Laser System.
Attachments
DSC00192.JPG
Photo engraved into underlayment cutout.
DSC00191.JPG
Scanned in Graduation Diploma engraved on acrylic, then mounted on plaque.
DSC00190.JPG
Laser Engraving a Laser Tile with scanned in Photo using Photograv
lazomark

Next

Return to CO2 Laser Products